itis: A suffix used in medicine which means inflammation. It is combined with word roots pertaining to parts of the body, to mean "inflammation of a part."
- tendonitis - inflammation of a tendon.
- arthritis - inflammation of a joint, using arthr/o word root.
- hepatitis - inflammation of the liver, using word root hepat/o, meaning liver.
- osteitis - inflammation of a bone, using word root oste/o, meaning bone.
- enteritis - inflammation fo the intestine, using wrod rood enter/o meaning intestine, usually the small instestine
- rhinitis - inflammation of the nose, using word root rhin/o, meaning bone.
- gastritis - inflammation of the stomach, using word root gastr/o, meaning stomach.
This page created 11 Oct 2013 13:46
Last updated 28 Feb 2016 02:09