The following is a template which I had in mind.. I am thinking / willing to do 4-6 weeks of SDT before embarking upon the below… basically I am really confused.
My reasons for this are (From most important to least important):
1. Deadlifting every week is leaving no room for going big on the Squat - No matter what the consensus on this is - I want to be able to keep my squat near my DL.. and by near I know its going to be a 80-100lbs difference but still.
2. I also feel I cannot handle it at this moment - I have been so much more tired and weary throughout the day after deadlifting every week. I cannot afford that now as I have my exams coming up along with working the graveyard shift - IMO - I won't recover enough, and my nutrition is going to suck big time for a while with so much going on at once (It's already the worst it's ever been - I'm living off powdered oats and whey and my only solid meal comes at night - which is chicken and bread). Now I know I have said this before and I want to reiterate that I am not making excuses here - But this is what I genuinely believe.
3. I want to have a more all-around approach (I won't be surprised if I get called a BB'er for this ).
Day One: Deadlifts / Back work [Weekly Rotation].
1. Basic Mobility.
2. Deadlifts - Work with triples, and Singles on Strong days - Go with the flow… If a PR is set on strong days then do some consolidation in the following weeks with volume in the 80-90% range.
3. Static holds (if desired).
4. Stretching, Foam Rolling.
1. Basic Mobility
2. RDL's / Rack Deads / Good Mornings - Not sure which - It won't be heavy work though - just some rep work.
4. Bent Over Rows (Optional).
5. One Arm Rows.
6. Horizontal Rear Delt Rows.
Day Two: OHSQ Mobility + OHSQ's.
1. Overhead Squat Mobility (This is basically 'Squat Mobilty').1.
2. OHSQ Swiss Ball Drill.
4. In conventional deadlift week the rowing exercises are added here.
Day Three: Press.
1. Bench Press - Flat Barbell Bench Press.
2. Decline DB Presses.
3. Barbell Overhead Press / Dumbbell Overhead Press - Weekly Rotation.
Day Four: Squat + PC.
1. Front Squat for some volume during deadlift week, heavy back squats during non-deadlift weeks.
2. Cable Pull-throughs.
3. Leg Curls.
Yes, I know there are a lot of things similar to push-pull here but please don't hate on me for that.. I do not want the opening lines of your reply to be OMG - Push-Pull .
Introduction Thread: http://www.gustrength.com/forum/t-323597/hello
Personal Journal: http://www.gustrength.com/forum/t-425940/2012:my-journey-to-beast-mode-continues
My Templates: http://www.gustrength.com/forum/t-425925/ativ-s-training-templates-2012