My training has been really good for the last few months, much better than before, but I'm having certain problems. For one, which Eric recently pointed out, I'm working 4 big lifts: Deadlifts, Weighted Pull-ups, Front Squats and Overhead Press. This is leaving me very pressed for time for other movements like rows, pc work, etc which requires time. Also, I am having a hard time progressing on this because it's too many lifts for someone at my level to focus on. And so, here is what is going to happen: I'm going to post my routine on a Mesocycle to Mesocycle basis. So far I've been putting up one template and then running it for multiple Mesocycles. From now on, I will be posting a plan per Mesocycle.
This next plan is for Mesocycle 40 and the tail end of Mesocycle 39.
The main 2 lifts for this Mesocycle are Deadlifts and Front Squats.
Saturday - DEADLIFT Training
- Deadlifts: 1-3 RM
- Deadlift Variation: We have a 14 week cycle going on and Mesocycle 14 is going to involve a sole focus on Regular Deadlifts for 2 weeks and then Snatch Grip Deadlifts or Deficit Deadlifts for the remaining 2 weeks (we're not sure as yet).
- Banded Push-ups: 3-4 sets to near failure
Sunday - ROW MEDLEY Training
- Dumbbell Rows: Working with 140 lbs without straps and then finishing off with some 110-120s using straps and aiming for reps
- Cable Rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Facepulls: 2 sets of 15-20 reps
- Front Planks: 2 sets of 60+ seconds each
Tuesday - SQUAT Training
- Front Squats: I'm going to keep doing what I am doing. 275 lbs for 2 sets for reps, then 315 for a single or double depending on how I feel, then 255-275 for some more reps then a back-off set with 185 for 8-10 reps.
- Cable Pullthroughs: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Russian Twists: 2 sets of 6-10 reps
Wednesday - POSTERIOR CHAIN & PRESS Training
- Suitcase Deadlifts: 3-4 sets of 1-7 reps
- Unilateral Overhead Press: 3-4 sets of 7+ reps
- Weighted Pull-ups: 3-4 sets of singles or doubles or triples
- Pistol Squats: 1-2 sets of technique work
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."