Check it out here: http://www.rxmuscle.com/strongman/rx-power-hour.html
There is an option to download the file as well. It's an audio interview. Benni comes on in the second half.
I am in a hurry right now, but there were some very good points laid out by Benni:
- Deadlift Frequency - He does Deadlifts whenever he feels like it
- Most of his training is thinking on his feet
- A lot of mental coaxing because he mentions that sometimes he has two days when on the first day he works on technique and on the second he just keeps telling himself that he's fast and everything is lightning speed while lifting heavy. The interviewers didn't get that and thought it was "speed" day. It's not. He tries to correct them but they don't get it.
- That whole Coke thing was because of his coach who believed that when he competed in the '70s athletes drank coke so now all athletes must do the same.
- He doesn't give a crap about bench or squat.
- He just trains for fun (I dunno how much to believe in this).
I gotta run. I'll post more later but y'all should listen to the interview because he mentions a lot of good points and points which I think are very worthy of discussion. There were a couple of things which got me thinking "hmmm what?" but I can't remember them right now.
I'm also uploading the file on Rapidshare and I'll post the link once the upload is completed. Then y'all can download the interview from there.
Oh, and Benni is competing this weekend as well. My god.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."