inspired of the articles regarding SDT i thought of giving it a shot because i am always open minded to learn something new, or to include sth. to better progress in my training.
As mentioned my goal is to improve my favourite lifts and also appreciate the mass which come along with. so i imagine that the reps could be around the 6-8 rep range.
So my lifts would be:
row on cable (antagonsitic movement to bench)
dumbbell press seated
Lat pulldown (but i see that with the SDT ideas i could probably try chins)
Deadlift and eventually squat.
-What guidelines,ideas, hints are best to folllow for setting up my base volume for me? I thought of 3x6-8. out of which peronal factors i can determine which base volume could be a good way to start with?
-The increase in volume via reps, sets or weight: there are some difficult differences: rep progression would be the hardest, weight progression, depends on the amount of weight you add and then you have set progression. When i know or "feel" to which progression to shoot for? Because u can add sets (especially when you don´t consider a fixed rep count like "6" for each set and also allow sets of 3 or even 2, regardless if you did a complete set of 6 or not) quite much instead of adding reps within a set.(fatigue)
- Are most sets meant to be sets across? ( i think so)
-How much sensefull does a rep range would be (like 6-8reps)
- When should i finish the work sets? Sth like "If the last rep of the last work set i do is the last rep i have in the tank? or how "heavy" should i start?
- Are there ideas on frequency for each lift and do i have understood it right, that each time you met the gym you look for Prs or Progress?. if someone benches 3x the week,seeking each time even for a small increase in Progress i can imagine that this could get quite difficult without some cycling of intensity like heavy, light medium build in. it sounds really great but i don´t understand why this should work.
- When do i know or see the neccessity when the base volume needs to change in form of reps for example? when i cannot increase the volume anymore after i reduced the volume to the base volume after some cycles again?
- when do i know to reset the build up volume to the base volume again? When i start to miss reps or sets?
don´t get me wrong, i don´t want a cookie cutter, but help regarding this questions for setting up a good template with and for me, because this approach is really new for me!
thank you for your help, i am really excited regarding the input