Devraj is recovering from his little finger injury and his training has been kinda slack recently so we're getting back into it. The goal is to get into it steadily and healthily.
Lower 1 / Upper / Off / Lower 2 / Full Body / Off / Off
Saturday = Lower 1 = DL + Unilateral Leg + PC + Grip + Core
Sunday = Upper = Vertical Press + Vertical Pull + Row Variant + Tricep
Tuesday = Lower 2 = SQ + PC + Grip + Core
Wednesday = Full Body = SQ + Horizontal Press + Vertical Pull + Row Variant 2
Ok, exercise selection and some general guidelines on programming:
Saturday - Lower 1
- Deadlifts - Since you haven't done this in a while, we'll be cautious and do some Quality Volume work here for 3-4 weeks. Once we know where you stand, we can decide what progression will suit your goals. Also, the last time you did these you used straps and were partially injured. You cannot use those old numbers as a benchmark. This is a fresh start.
- Pistol Squats - 1-2 sets. Maybe 3 on a few days but by and large 1-2 main sets.
- Supine GHRs - you need to work on these and they are not very taxing
- Core - Incase you missed this: core work is on Lower days only (largely)
Sunday - Upper
- Overhead Press - I know you want to do Unilateral Overhead Presses very desperately but let's start with these. I don't know where you are at right now, but I want you to begin Week 1 with something comfortable for 3 sets of 5 reps. Using SDT I want you to progress to 4-5 sets of 7 reps. Add reps before you think of adding sets though. Infact, you can even add weight before adding anything.
- Weighted Pull-ups - 4-5 sets at the most.
- Dumbbell Rows - 3-4 sets of 3-5 reps.
- Skull Crushers for 1-2 sets of 8-10 reps.
Tuesday - Lower 2
- Overhead Squats - I know you want to get into this exercise. We'll begin by using the lat pulldown bar because we don't have a broomstick…I did this when I was at Trinity.
- Front Squats - We need to think of something here.
- Romanian Deadlifts - 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps. SDT.
- Pinch Grip Dumbbell Deadlifts - 2-3 sets…we don't know how your finer is feeling.
- Core - Have fun
Wednesday - Full Body
- Back Squats - Get a feel for the exercise..
- Bench Press - Start @ 3x5 and work upwards
- Pull-ups - bodyweight, 3-4 sets to complete failure
- Cable Rows - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."